Take part of an exclusive regional conglomerate, providing access to best practices, insights on reliable cost-effective technologies, and solutions to fast-track financial support, with the participation and involvement of the following industries:
Mining operation & exploration – Looking at establishing and/or extending the scope of their
Mining services – Looking at operations and explorations companies to supply solutions and
Material handling and equipment – Showcasing the latest solutions for mining operations
EPC & Infrastructure – Presenting key technologies, services, and products
Transport and Logistics – Crucial for the development of cross border collation, exports, and
Finance & Investment – Proving the right financial model and tools for any project scale.
2-Day conference programme:
- Opening session addressing the needs and vision of Rwanda mining sector potential, as a hub initiating a strategic dialogue for East and Central Africa mining sector development
- A regional and international focus - Invite regional Chambers of Mines and Ministries of Mines to share opportunities, best practices and strategies as well as “pitch” their industry to investors looking at Central and East Africa mining opportunities.
East and Central Africa Ministerial Forum:
- Rwanda Ministry of Natural Resources: Land, Forests, Environment and Mining will welcome Ministers and Cabinet Secretary from Ministries of Mines from Tanzania, Ethiopia, DRC, Kenya, Madagascar and Uganda in order to share and discuss policies and regulations and how they could be aligned to facilitate trade and minerals export.
Artisanal and Small Scale Mining Workshops
- Offering the right skills and tools for the ASM sector is crucial as they represent a significant part of the mineral and mining industry in the region. They will be a 2 day programme available, free to attend where key players and suppliers will provide content, technologies and services available, tailor-made for that type of scale.
Exclusive regional CEO roundtable: (by invitation only)
- 10 to 15 key industry leaders to tackle challenges and opportunities in order to unlock the sector in Central and East Africa. The CEO roundtable follows Chatham House rules, with a close door engagement and dialogue with C-level representatives.
- The CEO roundtable model was initiated in the DRC in 2015 and has been a success; gathering key CEOs from the mining houses, and government representatives for an open and controversial dialogue.
- Objective is to sensitise international and local companies to the current level of mining project in Rwanda in the view of developing new projects and be familiar with the commodities and resources available
Online business matchmaking platform:
- Provide the opportunity for local companies to identify and partner with regional and international technology and service providers.
- The online matchmaking platform offers the opportunity for attendees to conduct productive meetings at East Africa Mining Summit by scheduling one on one meetings ahead of the event and maximising their time at the event (delegates and attendees will be provided with ID and password to access their personal agenda, starting 8 weeks ahead of the event)